The crop top has recently made a return to our fashion consciousness, albeit a little too soon for those who lived through the midriff-baring look in the 90s. The recent grunge-inspired iterations of the Miley Cyrus kind, do little to dispel the fear of whether or not the garment can in fact be worn in a stylish way. Thankfully, the tricky trend has come of age and there a a few key ways to ensure a sophisticated crop top ensemble, as shown above in my pick of the best street style interpretations.
My 5 simple tips on “How to Wear the Crop Top stylishly” this season!
1. Pair with mid-length high-waisted pencil skirt for a slim sophisticated silhouette ❤
2. Add a jacket or blazer for a subtle, more conservative take on the trend
3. Choose a long sleeve or high neck style for added coverage
4. Wear a knit or sweater version as a cool weather alternative
6. DON’T wear with low-slung denim – not chic! 🙂
Love, Emily xx
pics via stylesaint, pinterest, whowhatwear